The 8 Kinds of Christmas Cards
4. The Aggressively Religious One
I don’t know if it’s possible to save the soul of someone during the 15 seconds it takes to read a greeting card, but they’re certainly going try. Within this card’s peaceful exterior lies a barrage of religious quotes, information about Jesus and so very many prayers. Hey-when someone says they’re praying for you, do you have to pray back? Why do you need so many prayers in the first place? Maybe you like the life you’re living. I mean who needs Eternal salvation when you have Xbox Live? It’s like, stop judging me God. F*ck it, pass the egg nog.
"From the Tillmans (by the power of God" Oh my god…You are a cocky, self-righteous asshole. Stop thinking you’re better than everyone because you cower behind your “god”. You force everyone into what you think is right, and what you think is moral. Well, I can see a lot of things wrong with your morals.
- You judge people for not believing what you believe.
- You discriminate against those people.
- You live by double-standards.
- You tell other people they are wrong because you believe so.
- You attack someone to the point where they give into
your will the will of god.
- You almost never practice what you preach.
I understand not all religious people like this, but a majority are. I’ve been wronged by a lot of religious people because of their faith, and so have many people that I know.
(Source: College Humor)